(always use organic ingredients!)
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, soaked about 4 hours, rinsed, and drained very well.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup any type nut, chopped
- 1 cup dried coconut flakes
- 1 cup raisins
- 2-3 tsp. powdered cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil (depends on how “wet” you want your cereal to be)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- optional: 1/2 cup cocoa nibs
Put all of the ingredients in a very large bowl (I use a big salad bowl so I have room to mix). Start by using the 1/4 cup measurement of olive oil and mix everything together using a large spoon or even your hands. After mixing, you may want to add the extra olive oil and possibly more honey. Once everything is well-mixed, place in a covered bowl and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks. Add fresh fruit on top when serving. I like a banana, but any fruit will do. You can eat this with or without milk. I don’t use any milk but coconut milk (warmed) is very good.